An espresso machine is a coffee machine that uses a hot water reservoir called a boiler to heat milk or another liquid and then extracts a beverage from it. The appliance is most often found in cafés and is commonly found in the kitchen of a commercial establishment such as a restaurant or hotel. It is also available as a home appliance, which can be connected to a water supply and connected to plumbing to serve the beverage.
To be honest, commercial espresso machines are known to have existed for a very long time. The first espresso machines were invented in the early 1900s and were the invention of an Italian inventor named Amedeo Avani. These machines were a lot like a percolator in that they produced a hot beverage using espresso powder. This drink was called a caffe latte in Italian, and it was used as a partly decaffeinated coffee. These machines were used to spread the word about coffee and helped in the fight against Prohibition in the United States.
Every espresso connoisseur wants in their home is an espresso maker that can make perfect, velvety, creamy espresso shots with no water spills or mess. This isn’t about how much noise is made when you make espresso or how much coffee you can make (although that’s important too). This is about creating perfectly balanced espresso in the home, in the comfort of your kitchen.
If you are trying to get yourself one and wondering what are the best espresso machines today, here are some of the options:
- It takes a lot of self-control to resist the urge to order a cup of coffee every morning. However, with the BAMBINO Plus expresso machine, you can enjoy coffee whenever you want, thanks to its built-in cappuccino system. The machine has three brewing options that allow you to choose the strength of your coffee, which is then dispensed into your cup.
- The de’Longhi VertuoPlus Deluxe Coffee & Espresso Machine is the first coffee machine with a large coffee reservoir and a hot water tap – and the first to combine both – thanks to its double boiler and steam wand. Thanks to these features, brewing a cup of coffee and making a hot cup of tea is easy and practical at the same time and can be done with one machine, just like making a cup of espresso.
- The Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine is a coffee maker made in the United States in a facility that also makes products for several other companies, including many companies that make coffee makers that are not Breville. It is available in several different colors and is available for $399.00 at the Breville website.
- The DeLonghi Stilosa Espresso Machine EC260BK is the perfect addition to any cafe or restaurant, not to mention any home or office. The Stilosa boasts the ability to brew six cups of coffee at once but also has a sleek digital interface so you can program your machine according to your needs. It has a compact design, so it fits anywhere in the kitchen. Whether you are making one cup or six, Stilosa’s adjustable pump allows you to control the perfect amount of water to coffee.
- Are you tired of your favorite coffee shop only offering a mediocre cup of joe? Then you should consider investing in a Nespresso machine. A coffeemaker is a compact machine that brews a rich, velvety cup of espresso, giving you the perfect start to your day. The Essenza Mini Espresso Machine is a compact machine that brews a rich, velvety cup of espresso, giving you the perfect start to your day.
- If you love fresh espresso and don’t mind spending a little time and effort on the process … then the Rancilio Silvia is the machine for you. This is a machine that will make your life a little easier with a few simple tweaks.
The Rancilio Silvia’s 100% Italian-made machine uses patented direct-drive technology to deliver full power on demand, guaranteeing rich espresso flavor every time. A unique, top-of-the-line, stainless steel espresso machine that uses a PID feedback system for precise temperature control enables a user to brew espresso as quickly as 4 seconds after pulling the shot.